When should I use a face mask?
When going into public places (such as markets, public transport and health clinics) it is recommended to use a cloth mask which can help limit the spread of COVID-19. Those wearing a mask should also maintain social distancing practices in public.
Here are some links on how to make your own face mask
How to Wear a Cloth Face Covering
Cloth face coverings should—
- fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- be secured with ties or ear loops
- include multiple layers of fabric
- allow for breathing without restriction
- be able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape
Should cloth face coverings be washed or otherwise cleaned regularly? How regularly?
Yes. They should be routinely washed depending on the frequency of use.
How does one safely sterilize/clean a cloth face covering?
Using detergent, a washing machine or washing by hand is sufficient to properly wash a face covering.
How does one safely remove a used cloth face covering?
Individuals should be careful not to touch their eyes, nose, and mouth when removing their face covering and wash hands immediately after removing.